Monday, November 3, 2008

Strong People

Over the last few weeks I have watched some amazing people in our congregation withstand some major storms in their life. It has been a blessing to observe their faith as well as their courage, some in the face of great adversity and life's shaking. Their stories have been part of the inspiration that has led me in our current preaching series; entitled: "Not Shaken".

I could not help but think of the teachings of Jesus, when he compares those who build their lives on the 'Rock" (Jesus) to those who build their lives on the sand. In both cases there will be storms. The winds of adversity will blow and the rains will fall. In fact the Bible says, don't be surprised when you go through trials of many kinds. The difference being; the one with the right foundation will stand.

David the Psalmist often described the Lord as his rock, the one and only foundation of his life. As a result he penned these words:
  • Psalm 62: 1,2 "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
What a great life declaration, to be able to say; "I will never be shaken." David knew that no matter what life shaking he might experience, whether it was facing giants or dodging spears, he knew that what really mattered would prevail.

What about your life? How is your foundation? Has life's shaking revealed any fault lines running through your life. Any cracks in the foundation? Let me encourage you to shake proof your life. Build your life on the rock, Christ Jesus. Put your full confidence (meaning intense trust) in Him.

If you will, you say yourself: "He alone in my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

Be Strong
Pastor Dave

Listen To Message One: "Not Shaken"

No comments:

Post a Comment